Friday, August 20, 2010

Well into week two on Camp Shelby...




Well into week two now at Camp Shelby, and I'm finally getting a halfway decent internet connection.
So, I thought it would be a good time to try and post a few more pics. Hope everyone enjoys this lovely of picture of me sporting my BCGs (Birth Control Glasses).





Here's a picture a great picture of the inside of my wall locker with probably less than half the crap we currently have. Beside my bunk I have two full duffel bags that is currently home to my laptop, and I also have a rucksack and assault pack (a backpack) with stuff in it. The foam cooler sitting in the bottom of my locker is too keep bottled water cold, because the tap water here tastes like dog doo. To the right are the stall doors for... I don't think I really need to say. Below are some pictures of some of our other living amenities. It's great to be in the Army!

Need to take a leak?
Latrine sinks

To the left the pissers, to the right the sinks. Normally the sinks are full in the morning with people shaving, but for some reason they're completely empty in the afternoon. Probably wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that it is usually over 90 degrees in there during the day. At the far end of the picture of the sinks there is one short bench bench to use for the showers. You have to be careful not to get knocked out while you're drying off after getting out. I'm not really sure what good a shower here does anyway, because by the time you get out, dry off, change, and walk back to your bunk you are completely soaked again. I guess heat indexes of over 100 degrees everyday can do that. Or, the fact that there is zero ventilation in the latrines. I don't even know how people can stand to take a hot shower here, all of mine have been nice and cold. Speaking of showers, below is a picture them.


In my next post I should have some much more interesting pictures of some of the equipment we will be working with and fixing while we are over there. They are called MRAPs (Mine Resistant Ambush Protect) vehicles, they look awesome!

Well I'm going to get going for now, but I love you all and I hope you've enjoyed what I've posted so far.

2 comments:

  1. <3 you too! Thanks for sending the pics and keeping us up to date on what you are doing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zech! I just wanted to tell you I miss you! I can't wait for you to get back.. things just aren't the same around here without you! Tammy sends her love!
    -Adam

    ReplyDelete